Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Bug Statue

Yes, It looks discusting...but the kids were really into their "project" this morning and playing well together outside, so I stayed out of it and let them do whatever it was they were doing. Later, CJ comes in with this container full of bugs and starts filling it up with water. I say, "What are you doing??????!!!!" His reply was said with such pride that I could not object. He says, " We're making a bug statue!" And headed to the freezer where he placed his container of water and bugs.
Several hours pass and this was the end result of all their hard work searching for and gathering bugs this morning. GROSS! I had NO IDEA they had found that many right in my back yard! Still, I thought it was neat the way they all worked together on this project, and so I had to record it for memories sake.
I stopped taking photos and ordered them to immediately place it back in the freezer when Joe was holding it and the ice started to melt. The image in my mind really freaked me out. They obeyed and hurry and stuck it back in the freezer.
I told them maybe the "bug fairy" will come and leave 10 cents or something, so if they aren't there in the freezer in the morning she must have come for them!
ps. all the bugs were already dead when they found them. Thank goodness for our pest control guy that comes every month! I can handle the thought of most of the bugs in my yard except those gross roaches... ugh.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is gross.
But oh so creative.

Jessica said...

believe it or not...my kids have done that! They stuck some leaves and stuff in there too. I wonder if they saw it on TV or something? PBS kids? My girls did it just the other day.

PS: Gracie has the same nightgown