Friday, March 21, 2008

The Pioneer Trek

Ben and I went and helped our church with this HUGE youth camp experience. We were only there for 1 day helping with different workshops for the youth such as, candle making, iron branding, prarie rings, taffy pulling, and black poweder gun shooting. (They had a cival war musket and also some other kind that the Mormon Batallion used, I can't think of the name...) any way I was in charge of helping with the hot iron branding, and Ben helped them make prarie diamond rings out of horse shoe nails. It was really neat to see the youth and their leaders going through this experience. It changed a lot of people, the young teenagers and the adults. The day before we got there they had just pulled their handcarts 20 miles and then had to kill their own chickens and cook them for dinner.
you'll have to click on each photo to bring it up big enough on your screen to actually read the words and see the photos.

No comments: