OK, so I'm the type that has to sleep with my bedroom light on after watching "X FILES" on TV... needless to say, I am very cautious about what I watch or read because images stay in my head for weeks. I am tortured by having a very good memory and a very active imagination. So, this little part of me keeps me from enjoying certain kinds of movies that all my family and friends love to watch. Movies about vampires, and fairies, and creepy little creatures and elves and evil wizards and aliens and freaky sci- fi stuff. It also keeps me from reading the books- so I am probably one of the few people left in the world that have NEVER read the Harry Potter books, the Lord of the Rings and so forth.
Thanks to my friend Jessica's friend, Britten, I discovered a Mormon Author by the name of Stephenie Meyer who wrote the series of " Twilight" Books. Her stuff is rated "PG" and I read all the reviews and interviews and seen the movie trailors for the movie coming out in December... and I"m actually excited about reading the books! So, anyway, I'm going to give it a try- and lets just hope I won't have to sleep with the bedroom lights on afterwards. I hope to be able to enjoy a good clean vampire/romance story without all the "YUCK" that gets stuck in my head. Here's the article I just read about the author: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1734838,00.html
Thanks Jess, for having two friends that are total opposites, but have YOU in common!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You will LOVE it! It's not a keep the lights on kinda book...promise. I am a total wimp about that stuff too. If I'm going to watch things like x-files, I have to do in during the day. I can't wait for the movie!
Post a Comment