Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 already?




It's time I try to catch up a little bit.
As of November 1, 2010 I am officially the wife of an insurance agent. I never in a million years thought I would ever be married to an insurance salesman! Turns out he's really good at what he does and has a deep concern for his clients and making sure they are cared for. He works hard and we have been very blessed to have this opportunity. My dad and my sister, Heather, are also part of the Agency . I know Ben will be great, that's just his way- everything he does he does 110% and puts all his has into it. So, if anyone out there living in AZ, or at least owns property in AZ, let Ben take care of you.
I am very busy caring for our family and trying to stay on top of all the responsibilities that come with raising 5 kids who are all very active in extra curricular activities and not having Ben around much. Add on top of this that even if I just had MATTHEW, and no other children, I would be at the end of my rope every single night-- so add four more to care for on top of him, and I'm borderline insane. One thing that has been a big part of my life aside from my family is that
I am a volunteer remembrance photographer for an organization called, Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. I am on call day or night to go to the hospitals here in the area and take beautiful portraits of families and their little babies who have either already passed away or soon will. I literally am there to capture the last moments that take their breath away. It is a very difficult thing to do, but I am very good at it, and the Lord has prepared me to be able to use me in this way as an instrument in His hands doing this kind of work. It is so fullfulling and rewarding, but also very time consuming and emotionally and mentally exhausting as well. But, other than my family, this is my main focus right now and I am very satisfied with it. If you want to know more about what I do, you can see the website at www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org . The mother of this little sweety that I have posted on here, gave me permission to share this photograph. I am so thankful for Ben and the children and also my friends and my mom and sisters for taking care of things at home while I am at the hospitals. It is a group effort and we all sacrafice to make it happen- I know we are doing a great work.
I will be helping out at the NILMDTS booth at the WPPI tradeshow in Las Vegas in February. Ben is going with me and I am so excited to get away with him!
I am so thankful fo the sweetness the Savior brings to my life. He makes it all bearable- he is the "spoonful of sugar" that makes the "medicine go down".

1 comment:

Ali P. said...

Geez, those feet look like actual size! SO cute. I wish I had something that fulfilling in my life!