I am so far behind on the children's journals that I figured I'd just write a few things on the blog and then at least it will be preserved somewhere!
I usually try to write about the funny things they do and say or milestones they've reached, ect.
Today, I am going to write a few funny things before I forget them completely.
And for me, forgetting things is just the WORST thing EVER!!! I have always been teased about my annoying ways of remembering things that happened from the day I was born... I have a big fear of being struck with dimensia or alztiemers when I'm older. So, I've been preparing lots of memories to read about and look at through journals and photos-- just in case!
Today Camerin came home from school and sat at the kitchen table eating her lunch. She very casually said to me, " Mom- today at school Andrew just kept following me around and following me around, and it just bothered me because that's just so opposite!" I said, "what do you mean, 'it's opposite?' She replied, "because that's the GIRLS job to follow boys around all the time, NOT having the boys follow the girls!!!"(what makes this so funny in my mind is how she was saying it: her tone was so funny and her facial expressions were hilarious. She was so annoyed! )
Just a few funny stories about Tommy:
The other day Ben asked Tommy, " who are you going to marry Tommy?"
Tommy says, " Ummm. A horse!"
Ben: " Tommy you can't marry a horse! You have to marry a girl!"
Tommy: "Then I'll use my magic powers and turn the horse into a girl!"
Ben: "Will she be pretty?"
Tommy: " Yeah. She'll be a pretty girl, a freakin' girl" (says it very dissapointedly because it's not a horse... it's a "freakin' girl")
At Target a couple of weeks ago I had the baby and Tommy in the double stroller. Tommy had the priveledge at first of NOT being buckled, if he would obey and stay seated. Well, he did NOT choose to follow the rules, so I had to buckle him in the stroller seat. He was not happy and started having a fit. Once he realized all his begging and crying was not going to get me to change my mind and unbuckle him, he pulled himself to gether and very confidently said to me, " Ok, Mom, if you just unbuckle me, I'll give you a thousand dollars!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Erin, that is hilarious!!! I wish my kids would give me a thousand dollars for letting them have their way!!
Cute! You're so good to write these things down. I'm terrible at remembering the funny things my kids say. I always think I'm going to remember, but then it just disappears from my forgetful brain!
Post a Comment