So last week CJ's teacher called me to "remind" me about CJ's special award ceremony where CJ will be recognized as the Student of the Month from her class. I say: "remind" because this was actually the FIRST time I heard about this whole thing. After her phone call I asked CJ why he didn't bother telling me he Student of the Month!??? "Isn't that kinda a BIG DEAL, CJ"???? CJ got upset, telling me he doesn't want to go, he doesn't want to
be student of the month, and so on. I was a little shocked, (MY SON????!!!!) He hates being in the spotlight, hates that kind of public attention, and his last remard to me was, (while starting to cry...) "Do I
REALLY have to go?" I said, "YOU'RE GOING!!!"(ok, I said rather loudly that is). And then he's mad because "it's SOOOOOOO embarrasing, MOM!!!!" That being said, once we got there, he sat like a lump the whole time. When his name was called, he tried very hard to act happy, but it was all fake. When it came time for photos, it was just pure torture for him. He was a good sport though and fake smiled long enough for a couple shots. When it was over, he was the first one out the car. I just don't understand that kid, but whatever! I'm still proud of him, he's a dang good kid-- even being misunderstood most of the time by his mean horrible mother who makes him accept awards and have people clap for him and tell him how proud they are of him... bad, bad mother!

Joe was not there, he was at scouts. CJ was so so jealous that Joe got to go to scouts instead, and he didn't!

CJ's not hard to find in this photo. He's the ONLY ONE
NOT "showing off" his certificate.

Thankfully for ME gramma showed up for moral support. (Naturally, that just made CJ even MORE embarrased!!! Whatever!!!>>)
I'm just happy I can have a yuppy bumber sticker now.
1 comment:
Congratulations, CJ..shhh...I won't say it out loud!!NO, you're not a bad mother, Erin...I'm the Queen of Bad Moms...Soni's been getting the Principal Honor Roll since his whole 4th grade year thus far and Leka, Simon and Tane have been getting either Principal honor roll, honor roll, character awards and student of the month this whole year and did I or have I even made it there for any of them???....NO....either because I can't get off work because award ceremonies are held during school/work hours or I don't see anything or even an email or phone call from teachers and no notice in backpacks...however, I have found numerous folded airplane notices in one particular son's(SONI) pocket when I go to do laundry days later....so you see..I get the BAD MOM award....:(
Post a Comment