Saturday, April 28, 2007

Luminaria Bags

My team made about 50 of these bags for people who had either lost a loved one to cancer or supporting a loved one who survived. I made a few bags for my family in memory of our loved ones and in honor of those in our family who are still fighting. I didn't get photos of all the bags we made for family, but we were thinking of all those we love so much as we were walking the track all night long. They also had a "Luminaria Ceremony" which was a very tender experience, and very emotional and moving! Durning the ceremony they turned off all the sadium lights so only the candles in the bags were lit up, and all of us walked about a half hour or so in silence as we listend to soft music and read all the names on the bags. It was really neat. I was thinking of all my family members and the members of people I know and the moment was very bitter/sweet. I was so happy to be a part of this.




No comments: