The other day Joe was going to make himself a ham sandwhich. He got the mayonaise out and checked the expiration date on it. ( the only kid I know that has to check the expiration date on anything before eating it.) He then says to me, " mom, I think this mayonaise is over due" . For some reason, I SNAPPED!
I just went off on him! " it's not called "over due" Joe! Gosh!! If your going to be so picky and check all the dates on the food in my refigerator, you can at least say the right words!! It's called, " expired" Joe- get it right!!" ( and so forth, you get the idea.) Poor Joe. He's learning about post partum the hard way.
When I was telling Ben about this, I was putting extra emphasis on the fact that I was so annoyed that my son would even be checking the expiration dates on things, and that it was just so "anal" and drove me nuts. Ben looked at me and says with "that look"..." gee... I wonder where he gets it from?" I said, "What?" (in a 'he's seriously NOT reffereing to ME right now, right?'-- kind of tone) He says, " yeah, I wonder where he gets it from?" I say, " whatever, Ben! I don't go around checking expiration dates on stuff" He says, " yeah you do, you check the expiration date on the milk all the time!" Me: " That's MILK!-- You're suppossed to check the date on the MILK! Everyone does that!" He still argued with me that this really isnt' the case, making me think that I am the one odd ball on the entire planet that checks the expiration date on milk before drinking it.... AM I??? Either way, It's really funny to me now and has been added to my "inside joke" portion of my memory. Good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I wish that was a problem in my household....dang milk never last too long in the fridge...we go through 2 gallons every other day...once I caught Leka just jugging the milk straight from the milk jug and when I stopped him(ok..yelled at him)..he turned around with a smug smile and says.."mom, Danny can drink the whole thing at once by himself"...what??? is that why I have to get milk every other day??...
I feel ya pain about the postpartum thing...I don't remember having them with Iwalani but the boys were awful..one minute I was all happy and the next minute I was crying and telling my husband that he cares more about the kids than me....it is my quest in life to figure out why women go through such a phase...I mean...we carried and nurtured this baby all the while with stretch marks and aches and pains and oh..lets not forget the the 'bladder' problem every 16 minutes for 9months...I love you, though, if that helps!!!Hang in there..."this too shall pass" ;-)
Post a Comment