I don't have his photo ready yet for this post, but I wanted to at least give an update about him.
Today our little guy is 3 weeks old, and I was just at the Dr's with him this morning and am happy to announce that he is now 7 pounds, 10 ounces and is 19 and a half inches long. His is growing so fast. Other than being gassy and having a hard time pooping, he is doing great and is still very healthy. The Dr. gave me some encouraging advice about that, so I think we'll get that under control soon as well. I love him so much and love having a newborn baby boy to hold at Christmastime. I sat with him last night by the Christmas tree and looked down at him, so small , sleeping peacefully in my arms. I couldn't help but wonder what Mary must have been feeling holding her little newborn in her arms. I wonder if she had post partum depression on top of the overwhelming reality that she had just given birth the Savior!!! As if having a new born doesn't throw your hormones out of wack already, she probably had a very hard time controlling her emotions! How did she handle that?!
I will get Matt's little photos on here in a couple days. Merry Christmas Eve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so impressed that Matthew is growing so fast! Kudos to you, Erin! I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas! We miss you all so much. It makes us happy to know everybody's doing well and happy.
Okay, I only check it if it smells bad. I'm a smeller. I smell everything before i eat it, everytime. I guess we all have some weird thing. :) Postpartum is the worst!
Post a Comment