Friday, January 23, 2009

A great day

Here is a photo of the present Ben got me for my birthday... Ear Plugs! I love it! I love the idea that he is aware of my desparate need for quiet time. The writing on the box says "create your own quiet time, anytime, anywhere"... I laughed. What a thoughtful gift. He also got me some carnations and roses and a nice birthday card which he wrote sappy stuff on. We were not able to spend my birthday together because he had scout committments he could not get out of. Thanks Ben for wishing you could have celebrated with me today. Thanks for the flowers and for the "quiet time". So, plan A and plan B did not work out for my birthday, but plan C was still great, and I had a wonderful day with just my sister (and one of my best friends I have to add... and not just cause she spent money on me today) . Heather treated me to a pedicure and an eyebrow wax job, then bought me lunch (I had the kind of hamburger that I am going to start craving now! Bacon cheese burger with mushrooms and avocados YUM). We also did a little birthday shopping for myself. I got a nice stroller and a little baby sling ( which I love. matthew loves it too).

Thank you to all my friends family who thought of me today, and for the phone calls and cards and gifts that I haven't mentioned yet. THANK YOU so much!
I had a great day. It didn't last long enough, but it was still great. Thanks again, Heather for taking me out today, and thank you to my friends who baby sat while I was out.








5 comments:

The Slider Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday Erin dear! What a fun day...you deserve it! You look great! Love you!

Readfamily said...

Happy Birthday Erin! I'm glad the Birthday Girl had a great day! Look at those freshly waxed eyebrows and sassy painted toes...the webbed toe looks pretty cute too :)

familyofsix said...

Cute tootsies... Love you. I'm glad you had a great day! Happy Birthday, again. :)

Megan said...

I hope you had a great birthday! Bill put earplugs and a sleep eye mask in my Christmas stocking. Those two items are the keys to napping success. Enjoy your quiet time!

inkyfamily said...

So glad you had a great birthday Erin! You deserve it!