Thursday, January 29, 2009

My little sweetie

Even feeling miserable my little sweetie still looks up at me and gives me his little smiles. After a recent coughing attack, he collapsed on my shoulder and then looked up at me and grinned the sweetest little smile at me. Matthew is being treated here at home for RSV.. ( yes, we have that horrible virus here in Sunny Arizona too). Despite my efforts to protect him from all the germs going around, he ended up catching this from who knows where. It has been awful. I love him so much, it's hard to know he is hurting and I can't take the pain away. He is just too little to have to cough so hard and have to work so hard just to breathe. I have had flashbacks of when Joe was little and in and out of hospitals with different things. It's made me quite emotional, though I am trying to be strong and just focus on Matthew getting better. I'm exhausted.
I know I have reserved this blog for only the "good stuff" to write about, but I needed to let everyone know what was going on. I suppose the good stuff about him having RSV would be my endless hours awake with him watching John Wayne classics. Thank goodness for Athena's gift subscription to Netflix, so I always have a new movie waiting for me!
Please keep little Matthew in your prayers for us. Love, Erin



7 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Erin...I'm so sorry that your little one is sick! I can't believe it, you were SO careful! Hope he is feeling better real soon! We love you!

Brooke said...

Erin, that makes me so sad.
You two will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Grandma a/k/a Kathy said...

I'm sorry little Matt is so sick! Our little Kallie had that and it is scary stuff! Hang in there and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help! Tell Ben to call Blaine if he needs any 'scout' help so he can concentrate on the fam! We love ya!

Anonymous said...

We, too, will keep little Matt in our thoughts and prayers....RSV is not fun stuff....I remember Soni when he was about 4 wks he was in and out of the hospital 1-3wks at a time up until he as at least 3 years old....Hang in there my friend!!!love ya!!

Unknown said...

Hey Erin - our cousin from back in NY here!!! Sure enjoy these photos - my mom sent them to me - nice I can keep up with most everyone in your family this way - would love to see photos of YOUR siblings as well - maybe there's some on another section of this? I haven't looked through all of it yet. Great photos - awesome job!
Cathy Hiller

The Slider Family said...

Poor little Matthew. RSV can be really scary. Keep giving him the breathing treatments...as you know, they do help. We have high fevers and coughs going through our house. Sickness is not fun! Hang in there and hopefully everyone will be healthy soon. Love ya!

Miss Sue said...

Poor sweet little thing. he look so tiny in Daddy's arms. You and he, are in our prayers for sure.