Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sylvia Service

Monday night we had a special visitor come to our home and talk to the children about all the good things she saw them doing during the week to help others. The kids loved having her visit with them and had a lot of fun with her.
She told a special story about how she saw Joe and CJ helping an old lady in a wheelchair out to her car in Wal-mart parking lot, and then brought the wheelchair back into the store for her. Sylvia Service asked the boys how they felt after doing such a good deed for others and they both said they felt "really good inside" and CJ even added, " doing service is actually fun!" ... So, I wanted to acknowledge their good deeds in a "fun" way. Ben video taped me talking to the kids, and it's pretty hilarious!
Below: A photo of Sylvia and "Sylvester" doing a little "lip service"...After our visitor left, eveyone else wanted to put on a show. Here are some of our characters...


Now that was some good family fun! We were all laughing so hard at each other!

















3 comments:

Miss Sue said...

Too Much fun! But where is Matt's little face? ;)

The Slider Family said...

That is the cutest idea ever! You are so good with coming up with creative things. I bet they can't wait to do some more service so that "Sylvia" will come back!:) I love it!

Readfamily said...

I love the FHE idea! We just did one on being kind and serving others---but not nearly as fun as having Sylvia come and visit--I'm sure! How's the babe?!