Tonight Ben and I attended the adult session of our Stake Conference at church.
The speaker (James Jones...our friend) did a great job on his talk, and shared with us this story showing the importance of keeping your sense of humor even during the hard times: (I can't remember the story word for word, so I'll have to say it the way I remember it)
An older woman is sitting by her husbands bedside in hte hospital, where the old man lays in a coma. She has not left his side once, for every now and then he slips back into consciousness and she does not want to miss those tender moments with him before he lapses back into his coma.
One aftertoon, she was sitting near his bedside and he woke up. When he saw her he smiled and in a weak voice told her to come close so he could talk to her.
She leaned in while he spoke softly:
"you have been by my side through every trial I have had in my life. You were there when I've been sick, you were there when I lost my job, you were there when I lost my wallet, you've been there by my side so faithfully when things went wrong for me...and...I just have to tell you..."
She hold his hand on her cheek while she waits for
him to continue "yes, dear, go on-"
He holds her hand in his as he tells her,
"I think you're bad luck!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm still laughing!!!...i don't know how i should take that...i mean...how sad for the wife to hear that .....i guess whatever works to get through those turmoils in our life! LOL :).
Ha! I love that story! Your showroom looks amazing...what a fun, crazy time for you and the Palmers right now. Hope the Grand Opening goes well.
That was so funny. I loved the delivery the best!
Post a Comment