

The Journal Entry I wrote on this scrapbook page might be too hard to read on this blog ( although you can click on the image and it will come up full screen if you want to see the images better). Well, let me just tell you about this great day!
So, I'm supposed to meet at Cindy's house for our weekly Primary presidency meeting. It was at 9am. Afterwards we were going to go to the temple together, so I made sure I looked nice ( you know, nice clothes, hair done, contacts in, make up on...I even gave myself a little manicure!). I arranged babysitting for all my kids with my mom, so I would have the whole afternoon to do everything on my adgenda. Ok.. so it's 9am and I knock on Cindy's door. She opens it and I see that she is still in her pajama's and she looks all frazzled and sweaty! (I'm just thinking she was cleaning before our meeting and then was going to hop in the shower and change in order to go to the temple, but then again, I wondered if she was even going to go to the temple... was she just having one of "those" days?) So, I enter her house and put my stuff down in her living room. She scurring about tidying up the place, and then hurries into the kitchen where she starts to mop her kitchen floor. She's in a real hurry, I figured because our meeting was going to start any minute now and she wanted it clean. I looked at her kitchen table...hmmmm. That's weird. It looks like she having a dang party in here-- and look! There's one of those cute blanket and diaper "cakes" she makes for baby showers! Hmmmm. She's got a busy day today... our meeting, the temple, and obviously a baby shower to go to. I look down at her (mopping the kitchen floor down on her hands and knees) and ask, " So, are you thinking your NOT going to come to the temple today, or what?" She puts her mop rag down and looks up at me like, " Are you serious? Are you a freaking retard?" and says to me, " NO I"M NOT GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!! I'M GIVING YOU A "SURPRISE" BABYSHOWER!!! As she vigorously points to all the party stuff on the kitchen table---. Me: "oh my gosh!!!" NO WAY!!! Cindy: And of course, your ON TIME!!! ( I was the first one there..."surprise!") So for some reason she was thinking I'd be late... ( c'mon Cindy... I pride myself on my promptness). Anyway, she hurry and finished cleaning and then got in the shower and got dressed. And I greeted the guests as they arrived. She and Jen made such a fuss over me, and Jenni got the word out via the "e vite" invitations. We had bisquits and gravy ( my favorite), fresh pineapple and gourmet mint chocolates. She couldn't find the Pero at the store, so we didnt' have iced Pero with our bisquits, but I was very touched by the thought! ( yes, I do love Iced Pero...)
Any way. I got hooked up with tons of diapers, some cute new outfits, some lotions and soaps, some baby toys and....(drum roll...) a car seat!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who came and showed their love and support. I am truly thankful for all the work and love that went into this surprise shower. Thank you Cindy, for tricking me into thinking I would be going to the temple, therefore showing up for our "meeting" looking decent. You knew I would feel so uncomfortable in my grubbies and glasses and messy hair ( the way I usually look for our meetings!) Your a good friend for making sure I'd feel good about myself infront of all my guests. Thank you again, Jen, Cindy, Jenni, and everyone that came. It was a great surprise!

6 comments:
What wonderful friends you have! I'm so glad you got spoiled and "fussed over" for a while. You deserve it!
OHHHHHH! I can't believe I missed this! Sorry Erin, I can't remember anything anymore! I love ya anyway!
Yay for you! That was so sweet of them to surprise you. I wish I could have been there. You look so good by the way! Hot mama! Me and the kids are coming down the week of Thanksgiving...I would love to hook up for a GNO maybe. I will be sure to call you.
Oh this is hillarious! Really what was Cindy thinking? You are always on-time and early. She was probably thinking, hmmm maybe Erin can be somewhat human instead of super-human today and be late. HA!
Poor Cindy I wish I could've been there to see her sweet face. HA HA this is hillarious!
you so deserve a day of attention. and it was fun. You looked great!
I just heard you had your baby!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Love you!
Post a Comment