From this:
To this! ( this is our second "crop"...our first crop was planted back in October, and we harvested a bunch of beets and *blugh* turnips. We decided turnips were a waste of space, and once I actually knew what the heck to do with a beet, we enjoyed those. Our carrots, and everything else never made it... with the exception of a few lingering strawberries that survied and are STILL giving me fruit! Anyway, we ( and when I say "we" I mean, BEN) pulled up all the dead stuff and started over... I'd say this time "we" got the hang of it, wouldn't you? )
The kids might not have a backyard to play in anymore, but at least they have all the crook neck squash they can eat!!!

our herbs: basil, oragano, rosemary, and a little cilantro. I think my basil is gorgeous... aren't the little flowers so cute?
crook neck squash

red bell peppers ( I know some of these photos don't show the product very well, but once I found that black widow, I stopped climbing in and out of the plants for a clear shot and had to just take it standing near the edge!)

green bell peppers
pear tomatoes

cherry tomatoes

cucumbers ( a variety like English cucumbers...LOVE THEM! They super long, and you don't have to peel them... wich means less mess in my kitchen when the kids fix themselves a snack. I hate dried on cucumber peels on the side of my trash can on on the floor near the trash can...)

see that strawberry hiding in there among the garlic and onions? That little plant has hung on all this time, and about once a week we get 1 or 2 strawberries still!

our big boy tomatoes

our roma tomatoes
our butternut squash

green beans ( wich doubled as pea pods last night with dinner!)
Drum roll please............. OUR CANTALOPE! MMMMMM. They are so good!

Missing from the photos are the green chilli peppers, the onions, and the garlic. At this point I was getting freaked out by all the little critters...
...and black widow spiders...
Thanks Ben for all your hard work taking care of your garden and being so creative as to make a system virtually matainance free. Now can you do something about all the bugs?

cherry tomatoes

cucumbers ( a variety like English cucumbers...LOVE THEM! They super long, and you don't have to peel them... wich means less mess in my kitchen when the kids fix themselves a snack. I hate dried on cucumber peels on the side of my trash can on on the floor near the trash can...)

see that strawberry hiding in there among the garlic and onions? That little plant has hung on all this time, and about once a week we get 1 or 2 strawberries still!

our big boy tomatoes

our roma tomatoes
our butternut squash
green beans ( wich doubled as pea pods last night with dinner!)
Drum roll please............. OUR CANTALOPE! MMMMMM. They are so good!
Missing from the photos are the green chilli peppers, the onions, and the garlic. At this point I was getting freaked out by all the little critters...
Now if we could just grow some corn chips, I'd never have to go to the store...
Fresh salsa is the best! We've eaten everything we've grown so far, and it's been awesome. Oh, and what garden would be complete without zuchinni???
...and black widow spiders...
Thanks Ben for all your hard work taking care of your garden and being so creative as to make a system virtually matainance free. Now can you do something about all the bugs?


2 comments:
Those Sivert men and their gardens!
Wow! I had no idea you had all that in your backyard. Our Garden isnt looking so sweet. Can My Steve come out and 'play'?
Post a Comment