CJ plays on a team called the "Ironbirds". It's a coach pitch team, and he is having a good time. I wasn't sure what to expect at his first game, although I was thinking it would be a little like Joe's first game, but it was totally different. I'm not sure what the rules are for coach pitch'd games, but I am slowly learning how things work. It makes for a fun game when there's a kid up to bat who swings and misses like 10 times and you are on the edge of your seat wondering when they are going to stop letting him try to hit the ball?!!! And, every kid on the team gets a chance to hit, no matter what's going on as far as the scores. Well, CJ is number 13 on his team, which means he is the last one to bat. So, he waits and waits for his turn to bat, and FINALLY it's his turn, and he hits it on the first swing! WA HOOOOO!! GO CJ! He runs to first base, and is totally pumped! Next thing you know, the coaches are yelling, "GOOD GAME EVERYONE< GOOD GAME!" And eveyone starts to head back to the "pit" to gather up their bats and gloves... I was thinking, "what???" HE just got out there!???" And CJ was still standing on first base with a look of total confusion on his face. OK, well, come to find out in coach pitch there's a time limit and time was up! Man, I hope they let the batters go counting from 13 down to 1 next game, or CJ will just be so bummed every game if this keeps up!
He loves to play the game, so I hope he stays excited about this. It's hard to get CJ excited about anything- so once you find something you really want it to last!
OK, for some reason I can't stick the photos of CJ's game on here. I will have to do that next time and put them on all by themselves without writing anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment