Thursday, March 29, 2007

Our Ward Rodeo (Last Saturday 3-24-07)



This is our third year attending the anual "Ironwood Ward Rodeo". The kids have a blast just playing with animals and getting filthy. We all have a big smoked bbq lunch, and then the teen agers and adults have a "steer chasing" contest. This year a dolloar bill was tied on to all the tails, and then they let them all loose in the arena and everyone goes nuts trying to get the tails. It's really fun.

YOu might be wondering where all the photos are of the steer round up, and of JOe and CJ and Ben. Well, Ben wasn't there for most of it, so that meant I had to stay with Tommy the whole time and basically follow him around and make sure he didnt eat the horse and cow poop. Joe and CJ had fun playing games like the potato sack race, and stick horse racing, and tug of war. They went off and did their own thing, and since I was just following Tommy around, I wasnt' able to get any shots of the boys . Tommy' s three favorite things he did the whole 4 hours we were there was 1. playing in the huge dirt ( yes, I am just going to say it's all dirt!) pile,( I brought lots of clorox wipes in case it wasnt) 2. petting the goats and chickens and 3. Having the tractor ride with Camerin. We had a great time with everyone from our ward and just being out in the warm sun with a cool breeze.
Queen Creek is awesome. Where else could you just gather a hundred friends and hang out in your neighbors back yard for a rodeo!??






No comments: